TIRE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
Tires are the only contact between a driver and the road. An important part of vehicle maintenance is ensuring that the tires are in proper condition. It is recommended that you inspect your tires at least once every month for scrapes, cuts, cracks, bulges, snags, punctures, impact damage, tread wear, and other damages. Here is a look at some of the services involved in inspecting and repairing tires.
Road wear, potholes, and accidents are likely to knock your car out of alignment. To provide vehicle handling and optimal tire wear, wheel alignments are necessary. During an alignment, experts
- Measure and readjust wheel angles according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspect the suspension and steering systems.
- Adjust the angles of the wheels so that they are parallel to each other and perpendicular against the ground.
Wheel alignment promotes fuel efficiency, a smoother ride, and driver safety. It could also save you the cost of replacing tires because of premature tread wear.
It is recommended that you take your vehicle for wheel alignment if:
- You have recently purchased new tires
- You have been in an accident or collision
- You have replaced steering or suspension parts
- Your vehicle is moving to one side when you are driving
- Your tires are wearing out unevenly or they squeal on turns
Rotating tires involves transferring them from one end of the vehicle to the other. For example, moving the back tires to the front. This is one of the most important tire services because it helps prevent uneven tire wear that can lead to low gas mileage and poor performance.
During tire rotation, experts will:
- Remove tires
- Inspect the wear patterns of your tires
- Place tires where they will wear out evenly
- Reset tire pressure monitors accordingly
Tire rotation should be done after your vehicle has travelled a certain number of miles. You should consult a tire expert for the exact mileage your vehicle needs to travel before taking it for tire rotation.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Service
TPMS refers to an electronic system that inspects your tires air pressure. Optimal tire inflation is necessary for several reasons. The benefits include:
- Increasing fuel economy
- Improving vehicle handling and safety
- Reducing braking distance
- Decreasing tread wear
- Reducing CO2 emissions
Many modern vehicles have a tire pressure monitoring system. If the warning light indicating low tire pressure is triggered when the key is on, this means your car has the TPM system. When the warning light goes on and remains that way, the pressure of your tire has decreased 25% below the required levels. This means you need to take your car for tire pressure service. During TPMS tire services, experts will:
- Examine your car’s tire pressure
- Examine the sensor in your tire assembly to ensure it is transmitting accurate data to your car’s computer system
- Replace pressure sensors
- Reset the sensors with a special TPMS tool
- Replace some components of the tires before remounting them
Tires are important for the overall functionality of your car. For comprehensive tire inspections and repairs, consult North Hollywood Toyota. Some of the services you can expect include wheel alignment, tire rotation, tire pressure monitoring, and many other crucial tire services.
Services We Offer