Seven Facts About the 2016 Toyota Prius
Posted Saturday, Oct 01, 2016 by nhtwpprod
More than a decade after its launch, the Toyota Prius continues to be the world’s premier hybrid vehicle, as Toyota continues to improve the Prius with each new model year. Thanks to the focus on innovation and improvement, there’s little wonder why Toyota dealers have sold more than 9 million of these remarkable vehicles.
The 2016 Toyota Prius maintains the vehicle’s tradition of excellence, offering lots of great new features and the great fuel economy that’s the basis of the great reputation of Prius. If you’re looking for a few good reasons to buy a Prius, consider these facts:
- New platform – The 2016 Toyota Prius will be the first vehicle built on Toyota’s New Generation Architecture. The new frame has a lower center of gravity and a more rigid body. Engineers say the structural changes will improve the vehicles’ handling and make for a smoother ride.
- New powertrain – Toyota upgraded the powertrain for its Priuses, making a number of efficiency improvements. The Prius retains its 1.8 liter gasoline engine and electric motors, but Toyota has tweaked them to vastly improve thermal efficiency, from 2 percent to 40 percent.
- Lighter battery pack – Most new Priuses will have a new lithium-ion battery pack that weighs less and takes up less space than earlier models. The reduction in battery size provides more interior space in the Prius and also has made room for a new rear suspension for the vehicle.
- Maxing fuel economy – The Prius is already known for its great fuel economy, but a new trim level for 2016 gives frugal auto consumers the chance to optimize their fuel savings. The Prius Eco will get up to 58 mpg in city driving and 53 mpg on the highway.
- High-tech safety – The 2016 Prius includes Toyota’s new Safety Sense-P system. The electronic safety features offered by Safety Sense-P include lane departure warning, blind spot warning, full-speed dynamic radar cruise control, pre-collision automatic braking, and more. The Prius has regularly gotten great safety review from government and private evaluators, and 2016 will be no exception.
- New Entune app – Prius Three and higher level trims of the new Prius include Toyota’s Entune app suite along with Toyota’s Entune infotainment system. This app suite provides Prius owners with access to a variety of great radio and entertainment apps, as well as traffic, weather, and other information.
- Plug-in version – Toyota is offering a plug-in electric hybrid version of the Prius for 2016: the Prius Prime. The plug-in Prius Prime will have an all-electric range of 22 miles before needing to be plugged in for recharging, making it ideal for workers with a short commute. When in gas-engine mode, the Prime will get the admirable fuel economy for which the Prius is renowned.
Southern California residents can find excellent deals on the Toyota Prius and other new and pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVs at North Hollywood Toyota. A well-established Los Angeles Toyota dealer, North Hollywood Toyota has the selection, staff, and extras to make your next car buying experience easy and fun.